Some systems experience a Windows general Protection Fault (GPF) when the WordStar for Windows How-To Guide written by Judy Miner is paged through around page 49. The actual page number varies, probably due to the system's default printer and paper size settings.
This problem seems to be caused by the layout at the bottom of the page where the GRAPHICS section starts. The bottom of the page is formatted as follows:
|Importing Graphics - Procedure||Â||Â|
|Â|||||text line 1|
|Â|||||text line 2|
That is, there is a heading spanning both columns, a sub-title in the LH column and just two lines of text in the RH column before the page ends.
- Save a copy of the document and work with that.
- Go to Page 49 and carefully scroll to the bottom.
- Click to set the insertion point at the end of the last para in the right-hand column.
- Switch to Draft Editor: ClickÂ View, and then clickÂ Draft Editor.
- Scroll down until you find Graphics at the left of the screen.
- Reset the insertion point immediately before the tag.
- Type CTRL, ENTER, i.e., hold down the Ctrl key and press Enter once.
- Switch back to Page Editor: Click View, and then click Page Editor.
You will find that the Graphics section now starts a new page and you should be able to view the whole document.
If you can now view the entire document save the new version.