^ON is listed on the Onscreen Commands Help screen (^JO) but doesn't work. The command is not listed in the Commands.txt file supplied with the program, and this should be used as the official commands reference list.
The ^ON command may be added later as it combines several of Word's 'note' commands into a single dialog screen - Word does not support three-letter command sequences so ^OND, etc., would not work.
If you want access to the Footnote/Endnote dialog in Word you can add the command ^ON, to open that screen, to either your normal.dot template, or to the WordStar.dot Add-In. Adding it to the latter will mean that other users of your copy of Word that don't use the WordStar Command Emulator won't get confused when ^O no-longer gives the File Open dialog!
To add the command ^ON follow the steps below (described for Word 2000):
Note: if your WordStar Command Emulator Add-In file is not called WordStar.dot you will have to substitute the name that is used below:
- Click Utilities, then click Customize
- Click the Keyboard button, then change the Save changes in option to WordStar.dot
- Select the Insert category
- Select the Insert Footnote Command, then in in the Type new command box type ^ON, then click Assign
- Click Close, then click Close again.
- When you close Word click Yes to the Save changes to the WordStar.dot Emulator Add-In file.
^ON will now open the Footnote/Endnote dialog.